Into the Shadows is almost a week away from its release and I couldn’t be more excited. So to get you excited for the release as well I thought I would write a post about what it was like writing this book and some things that will happen (no major spoilers I promise!).
So Into the Shadows is the second book in the Wonderland trilogy and I honestly loved writing this one so much more than the first one. I really went deeper into the life of Tessa and you learn some fascinating things about Weather and Natural Disaster Controllers.
I was halfway finished with this one when I published Lucky Strike, only because before I decided on self-publishing I tried to go the traditional route for Lucky Strike. So whilst doing that I worked on Into the Shadows, and I finished it this past summer.
It has been under many rewrites, one because I lost the original file, some how it got corrupted and I could never fix it. But I am actually glad that happened because I feel like this version is so much better than the original.
My mother has not read it, normally she is the first person to read it because I ask her opinion and get feedback from her, but not his time. My friend Cassandra is the only person who has read it at this moment. She loved it, and she is a big Tempest fangirl.
I am so excited for y’all to read this and I hope you enjoy it! If you haven’t read Lucky Strike then hop on over to Amazon and get it.
So here are some things you will see in Book Two:
- Tessa’s family gets a little bit bigger.
- You learn why twins can be a bad thing when it comes to being a Weather or Natural Disaster Controller.
- The first part of the book takes place on Earth in Todos Santos, Mexico for reasons that I cannot specify.
- There is romance in this one. In the first one I wanted to establish this world and let Tessa grow used to this whole new world and grow into her position and powers, and I feel like she has greatly by the time she gets into a relationship in this one.
- Regina is bisexual, now this is not stated in the book, but I’m making it canon. This will be addressed more in book three when a new character is added to the lineup who is also bisexual.
- Someone in Tessa’s friend group betrays her.
- You get to see more of the Weather Controllers’ world. There are outer villages that Tessa and the gang travel to.
- Moran leaves their world about halfway through the book, but he still causes trouble for Tessa.
- You meet Tempest’s parents. I loved writing about his mom, Aishwarya, who I named after my favorite Bollywood actress (we share a birthday and honestly I had a fangirl attack when I learned this lol). She is of Indian descent, and she is a total bad ass. She’s been through a lot in her life and she’s had to become tough because of it.
- My favorite part of this was writing about the Earthquake Controllers. They are a wild group, and they are ruled by a council. There are equal men and women on this council of all ages. They have tattoos, piercings, and colored hair. Clara who is sort of the unspoken leader becomes really good friends with Tessa.
So those are just some facts about book two and I hope you’ll give it a read!